Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Freehand Halloween Nail Art

Hello!  First off, I would like to forewarn everyone that this is the first time I've attempted to free hand any "complex" designs on my nails.  I've done lines and dashes, but no actual drawing was involved.  So I apologize in advance because I don't pretend to be good at drawing!


I started with a base of Color Club You Got Soul-ar, from the Starry Temptress collection.  I picked up this seven piece collection at Bealls Outlet last year for only $10!  I have actually used this polish once before, in my glitter-loaded mani, from the February Nail Art Challenge.  This is two coats of You Got Soul-ar without topcoat.  Like a true neon, it dried to a semi-matte finish.  The holo glitter also appears more white or silver once it's on the nail.


I really like some of the spiderweb and spider stamping manis that are out there and since none of my stamping plates have any Halloween images, I decided to take a stab at drawing them.  I had planned on using a black fine-point Sharpie to draw, but unfortunately, I cannot find any of my Sharpies since our move!  So I settled on a gel pen, since my sister in law recently wrote on her nails with success using a gel pen.  However, I didn't have quite as much success!  I smeared one nail while taking pictures, so I had to stop down and redo it.



This is just the first of two, perhaps three, Halloween nail art styles I will be posting this week.  I'm just hoping to get them up on the blog by Halloween! 

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...