Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!  Today, I'll be bringing you my second of three Halloween manicures I did this week.  Tomorrow, I'll show you my current, Halloween-day mani.  Spoiler alert, it's candy corn!

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I don't have any Halloween themed nail art products, so my designs tend to be more abstract.  This is my first take at the Nailasaurus' Waterfall nail art tutorial.  I have been wanting to try this design for awhile, and realized that striping polishes would work great since I don't have a nail art brush fine enough to do the lines.



I did get some of the inspiration from this mani I saw on Pinterest, but I made it my own. :)  I started with two coats of Color Club You Got Soul-ar, which I also used as the base in yesterday's Halloween mani.  I then used three striping polishes to create the lines.  I used LA Colors Art Deco striper for the black and Milani stripers for the white and gold.  I wanted to add purple too...but I was afraid it would just look black over the orange polish.  So that was when I pulled out the gold to add a little sparkle instead.  Not a traditional Halloween color, but I like it!


I did not add a layer of topcoat at the end, because I wanted to keep the 3D, slightly textured look the stripes had.  The black stripes are actually really textured because unbeknownst to me, my black striper is drying up!  Luckily, it's only a dollar and I can get a new one at the dollar store. :)



In this bottle shot, you can see how the glitter looks more silver and slightly holographic compared to how it actually appears on the nail.  In the macro shot, you can see the glitter appears white in the orange base of You Got Soul-ar. 


I do really like how the gold added to the stark black and white to make it pop and sparkle.  The formula on the Milani stripers is EXCELLENT!  I picked both of them up on clearance at CVS either late last year, or earlier this year.  Now I want more of them!


I hope everyone has a safe and fantastic holiday!  I'm not doing anything this year for Halloween - other than painting my nails! 

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...