Friday, October 11, 2013

Pink Friday Collaboration - Week 2

Let me just start out by saying this: this mani is a hot mess.  It turned out NOTHING like I expected.  Luckily, I was able to save it and still wore it for three days to work.  Yes, I wore Flip Flop Fantasy (layered over white) to my office three days in a row...talk about bright!  I love this polish...but over white it probably was no longer work appropriate.  I think once I added the nail art, it toned down the brightness of the pink a little bit...that or I just got used to having neon nails!


Also: spoiler alert, I took a ton of pictures of this mani. :)



First off, Flip Flop Fantasy is definitely in my top ten favorite polishes that I own.  I've only used it a few times (I think it's only been on the blog once...here...I lied...I also used it in a failed water marble, that I won't even link to lol).  This was the first time I've layered it over white though.  I know neons pop more over white, but WOW!  In the shade, these nails seem to glow!


Have I mentioned I love Pinterest?  I pinned this image to my "Nail Art Inspiration" board last week.  I decided to use it as my inspiration for this mani.  However, because I ran out of time the first night (I sometimes do nail art in stages over a couple nights), I ended up just painting over the white base with Flip Flip Fantasy.  Then, the second night I taped off the V's and used NYC Color French Tip White to fill them in.  At this point, it is simply a reverse of the colors from my inspiration mani.  But...it all started to go down hill when I pulled out my LA Colors Art Deco silver striper (Ice Breaker).  The glitter was no where near as dense as the one used in the picture...and I ended up making a mess all over the pink on my thumb...so I decided to just go with it.



I'm so disappointed this macro shot is blurry!  I wish I had realized it when I was taking pictures!  Luckily, while this mani doesn't look perfect by any means, from a distance it looks pretty awesome...and kind of tribal-ish.  At least, that's what it reminds me of.


Feel free to join us for the last two Pink Fridays for Breast Cancer Awareness in October.  You can get the Inlinkz information at this link.  Make sure to check out everyone else's pink manicures below!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...