Friday, October 18, 2013

Pink Friday Collaboration - Week 3

Good morning!  Today I bring you the third installment of the Pink Friday Collaboration!  I'm going to try and have one more pink mani for you next Friday, but I'll actually be on vacation Friday-Sunday next week.  My boyfriend and I celebrated our three year anniversary this week, so we're going on a little vacation next weekend.  He's taking me to see Luke Bryan, and I'm taking him to Halloween Horror Nights!

Onto the mani!  So, I really, really like this manicure...from a distance.  I really like how it turned out, but I wish I had executed it differently, so that there weren't so many flaws when you look closely.


I got my inspiration from this picture I found on Pinterest.  I started out with two coats of L'Oreal I Pink I'm in Love, which is a frosty pastel pink.  I then used Pretty and Polished Heist over the upper two-thirds of my nail.  This is what I wish I had done differently.  Perhaps sponging on Heist wouldn't have created the lines of clear polish where I ended the "gradient."  Even with multiple layers of topcoat, you could still see the lines created by Heist.


I then dabbed on roughly two coats of Sephora by OPI Only Gold for Me and the base of the nail.  Some nails definitely came out better than others.  For some reason, I really struggle with gradients, including glitter gradients.  I've been trying to do more of each lately, to gain some additional practice.  I then finished the whole thing off with NYC Color Matte Me Crazy matte topcoat.


From far away this was the cutest mani!  It was so sparkly and eye-catching!  I love having the extra bling at the top of my nail, I thought it looked really classy and professional.  It was great for work - blingy and fun without being gawdy.



My thumb nail had been my favorite gradient...unfortunately I nicked it right after I got to work.  Darn matte topcoat that wasn't quite dry! You can see the awesomeness of the two gold glitter polishes together here.  Heist is an awesome flakie glitter, and Only Gold for Me has small and medium size hex glitter.  It was such a cool combination in my opinion. :)


I would also like to dedicate this mani to my great aunt, a breast cancer survivor, who passed away from leukemia this week.  I love you Aunt Mary!

I hope y'all have a great weekend and Go Gators!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Loveee these and love your site! So happy to be a new follower!

    Tatteredtotaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...