Wednesday, November 20, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 3

Haha, yes, I am finally going back and catching up on the alphabet letters I missed from the ABC Challenge I participated in this year.  My goal is to finish the remaining letters (C, M, N, Q, R, S, T, U) before the end of 2013.  Today, I will bring you the letter C!


I only took a few pictures of this mani since I didn't do any nail art! Yes, I know this is supposed to be a nail art challenge, but I've recently had a struggle finding inspiration for nail art (though my Pinterest boards beg to differ).  But instead I wanted to feature a new polish I just picked up! :)

This is China Flower from Revlon's new Parfumerie line - which means they're scented!  I picked up China Flower and Wintermint  on a buy one get one half off sale on Revlon polishes at CVS a few weeks ago.  I haven't tried Wintermint yet, but I love mint everything!  You know all these people who are excited about all the pumpkin stuff during the fall? - well that's me during winter with EVERYTHING mint, peppermint, spearmint, you name it!


China Flower has a sweet, yet musky sort of scent...I can't quite narrow it down.  I like the scent, and its subtle enough to not cover up or interfere with any perfume you wear.  I wore this polish for three days (with only minimal tip-wear and one chip by the end of the third day), and while you could still smell the polish, it had significantly faded.  It kind of smelled like a perfume that a little old lady would wear...  It wasn't a horrible smell, but I'm glad it's temporary!


I do have to add this funny anecdote at the end of the post.  So, I got home with the polishes, and I was telling my boyfriend how they were scented.  Next thing I know, I turn around and he has China Flower open and trying to smell it...  I had to laugh at him, but then let him know that it doesn't smell until AFTER it dries.

Overall, I would recommend this polish to anyone who scents don't bother.  I know some people are really sensitive to scented things...  My only drawback is that because this is a red polish...it makes cleanup horrible!  Which is why all around my nails and cuticles looks severely inflamed...yuck!  Luckily this did fade but then when I took it off...yuck.  There was a little bit of staining, but I used a basecoat, so I would highly recommend you do as well.  Have you tried any of the Revlon Parfumerie polishes?

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...