Sunday, November 3, 2013

Candy Corn Nails!

Hello! I know I promised you this post on Friday, but instead here it is now!  These are the candy corn nails I wore on Halloween.  I used Adventures in Acetone's candy corn nail tutorial as my inspiration for these nails.  I love Jacki's tutorials and can't wait to try more!


For this mani, I started with a base of NYC French White Tip.  Then I free-handed NYC Taxi Yellow Creme onto half of each nail.  Once those layers had dried a added a coat of Out the Door before adding the orange.  Once the topcoat had dried, I begun adding stripes on the center of the nail using and orange Sally Hansen nail art pen.  I went back and touched up in some places for opacity.




I love the yellow shimmer that is in Taxi Yellow Creme!  I am typically very anti-yellow (I believe I only own two, one of which was a gift), but I may have to try this in a full mani or as the base for some nail art at some point.


Unfortunately, I did get an air bubble in my thumb nail when I added the final layer of topcoat over the orange.  Most of the nails I was bubble-free however.  I also wish I could've gotten a picture that was better in focus, but I suppose you would have seen even more mistakes. ;)


Overall, I loved how this turned out - candy corn is my favorite Halloween candy!  I could literally eat an entire bag by myself. :)  I also got a ton of compliments at work.  We can't dress up, so I did my nails instead!  While these definitely aren't as awesome as Jacki's, I still like how they turned out.  Also, random side-note: ACETONE IS AWESOME.  Why did I not get a bottle of pure acetone sooner?? It makes clean up and removal a breeze!  I no longer dread having to do clean up or taking off polish!

I hope everyone had a great Halloween!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...