Thursday, November 21, 2013

Florida Gator Nails - Week 9

Hello - yes, I finally got caught up on my Gator nails series...just to get behind again.  This is the mani I did for the Homecoming game against Vanderbilt.  This is the first time in four years that we haven't gone to the homecoming game - it was weird!  But we will be going to the FSU game next weekend...even though we'll probably get our butts kicked...

Anywho, I tried my hand at watermarbling this week.  I don't completely hate the way this came out, but there are definitely nails that are better than others lol.


I was a little disappointed that the other colors bled into the white polish...causing there to be pastel orange and blue in there as well...  But I do have to say that I am in LOVE with the way my middle finger turned out.  My lease favorite is probably my thumb...which you only a little bit of a look at in the next photo.  I put the tape too close to my nail and it ended up pulling a lot of the polish off when I pulled off the tape...or it just didn't get any polish on the edges in the first place.


It really is an art to get a good watermarble.  I'm looking forward to practicing this technique more, now that I've at least had SOME success with it.  This is the most pleased I've been with any of my attempts...and I didn't redo any nails - this was the first try on each nail.  The polishes are used are NYC French White Tip, Covergirl Go-Go Mango, and Pure Ice Celestial.



You can really see the shimmer in Celestial in the macro shot!  Here are a few things that I did differently, that seemed to help: (1) I used new polishes that weren't thick and gloppy, (2) I used tap water - we now have well water and no water softener, so I think that may have helped, (3) I cleaned the toothpick I used to create the design after every pull through the polish...and got a new one if it got too bad.


Overall, I really like how this turned out.  And now I want to watermarble everything!  Or start to try creating decals...  Put it was a lot more fun process than it has been for me in the past.  I think its because I've finally stopped making myself feel bad because I know I'm not the greatest at nail art - but I do usually like how the things I come up with, turn out.  But I definitely know my nail art skills have improved tremendously over where they were a year ago.

I also liked that even though I used orange and blue in this mani...the colors kind of came out untraditional, which was kind of nice for a change.  I still think I like using my Gator Orange and Gator Blue, but this mani turned out pretty cool.  As far as the Gator game went...we lost to Vandy (first time in 22 years.......) 17-34.  It was pretty bad...

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...