Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Maybelline Color Show Brocades - Beaming Blue

Hello!  Today is day 2 of my short work week!  I'll probably try to bring you one more post tomorrow before the holiday weekend.  I'll be going to my parents' house for Thanksgiving on Thursday, and then going to the Florida vs. Florida State game Saturday, followed by Thanksgiving part two with my boyfriend's family on Saturday night.  Several members of his family (including my boyfriend) work in retail, and have to work on Thanksgiving (boo-hiss!)

Anywho, onto the mani!  Today, I'll be featuring Beaming Blue - a striking blue polish from the new Maybelline Color Show collection "Brocades."  Here you can see the other polishes in the Brocades collection.  If I have the chance, I would really like to go back and pick up Gilded Rose, Crushed Cinnamon, and Emerald Elegance.


This is one coat of Beaming Blue over one coat of JLB Cosmetics Deep Sea.  I'm not sure if I've ever written about any of my JLB polishes, but my boyfriend got me a set of seven metallics at Ross (I believe).  I had never heard of this brand before, but the formula is fantastic on these metallics!  They are my go-to shades for my toes. :)  They are all one-coaters and are a great range of colors.


I included both of these photos to show you the great color shift that Beaming Blue has, as well the holographic microglitter.  Beaming Blue could likely be built to opacity on its own in two or three coats, but I chose to layer it as I'm not a big fan of chunky layered glitters that aren't in a jelly base.  I know - picky-picky!


While blue in most lights, the polish can also look teal due to the gold shimmer.  I bet this polish would be gorgeous with a mermaid/fish scales stamp over top.  I'm hoping to get more stamping plates for Christmas!


Even though this macro is blurry, you can clearly see the various sizes of hex glitter (all of which are holographic, as well as the shimmer and microglitter throughout!  I got this polish basically for free at CVS a couple weeks ago.  I love their coupon machine!  I got a $4 off $12 cosmetics purchase, so of course I bought nail polish.  It was on this excursion that I also bought the two Revlon Parfumerie polishes, China Flower and Wintermint.


This is definitely a polish I will be wearing again.  I look forward to trying it with new combinations, including stamping and maybe a gradient, if I am able to pick up another of the Brocades.  I've heard some talk of problems with the formulas on some of them, but I didn't have a problem with Beaming Blue. I hope everyone has safe travels over the next few days!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...