Monday, December 23, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 17

Yes, I'm slowly getting these ABC Challenges complete!  My goal is still by the end of 2013, but I'm hoping I've got everything planned out so I can accomplish that.  It was tough this week because I've been so busy, so that's why there hasn't been a new post until now!

Today, I'm bringing you letter Q for the ABC Challenge.  I decided to go with a quilted pattern using my two new Julep polishes from my December Maven box.


This was the first time I've ever done a quilted mani, so I chose to use striping tape.  I started with the base you saw in my last post, Misti with Joelle layered on top.  I then put striping tape in a criss-cross, quilted pattern as accent nails on my thumb and ring finger.  I then used Misti to paint over the striping tape to create the quilted pattern with all the sparkle underneath.  I then slowly pulled off each piece of striping tape and added topcoat once Misti dried.





Ahh!  I LOVE how this mani turned out!  It was so awesome!  Now I want to do all kinds of quilted and striped nails using my striping tape. I always dread having to cut all the short pieces of tape, but I love the end result of the mani.  I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season - I still have to work all the way through Christmas Eve.  Hopefully, I'll be able to bring you my Christmas mani before Christmas!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...