Thursday, December 26, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 18

Hello!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  Today, I bring you my next installment in the ABC Challenge - the letter R.  Today, R is for Revlon.  I previously featured China Flower, of Revlon's new Parfumerie line, well today I'm bringing you the other scented polish I picked up, Wintermint.


Wintermint is a SUPER sheer metallic/pastel green with blue and green hex glitters.  I've read that it is a dupe for Deborah Lippman's Mermaid Dream.  Since the formula was sheer, I decided to layer Wintermint over another color.  I chose JLB Cosmetics Jade.  I love the JLB Cosmetics metallics set that my boyfriend picked out for me awhile back - they're all one-coaters that dry super fast!  They're great when for when I want a polish change, but don't feel like putting in a lot of effort.  I belive he got them at Ross for $10.


Wintermint definitely had a minty smell to it.  It was not as strong as China Flower (which was a good thing!), but I wish it had been more spearminty smelling instead of peppermint smelling.  Yes, I'm picky about my mints!  In all the swatch picktures, this is one coat of Wintermint over one coat of Jade.


In the above macro, you can see the golden shimmer in this polish, as well as the blue and green glitters!  I love this polish combination!  Green is my favorite color, but I rarely wear it on my nails.  This color was definitely wearable, and the glitter wasn't too in your face.


This is a great winter and even spring polish, and if you're going to pick up a Parfumerie polish, this is one I recommend.  Unless you really hate mint scents.  Otherwise, it's not too strong of a scent and is a great color.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...