Saturday, December 28, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 19

SNOW!!!  No, unfortunately, it is not snowing here in Florida but today I'll show you my snowflake mani I wore for Christmas!  I'm actually still wearing it now, and it's holding up surprisingly well for five days of wear!  This mani will also serve as my letter "S" for the ABC Challenge!


I started off with a base of Maybelline Color Show Navy Narcissist, a gorgeous navy blue metallic polish.  This polish was almost a one-coater!  I only had to add a second coat to some nails to smooth out the few imperfections.  It is such a vibrant blue, I can't believe it took me this long to wear it!  I will certainly be wearing it more often!


Once Navy Narcissist dried, I added topcoat and then got ready to stamp!  I used Konad's special white polish to stamp with and the snowflake design from Vivid Lacquer's VL006 plate.  I am in love with this plate!  I can't wait to use it more!  I bought it specifically so that I could do snowflake manis this winter.  After waiting for the white to dry as much as possible, I added another layer of topcoat.  I apparently didn't wait long enough because some of the snowflakes smeared, but luckily it isn't too noticeable.





You can see how bright and vivid the blue really is here in macro.  It reflected almost like a mirror before adding the stamping.  I'll definitely have to feature this polish on its own here on the blog.  Sorry about the clean up job in some of these pictures, I was rushing to finish my nails before going to visit my little cousins on Christmas Eve!


I hope everyone is having a very happy holiday season!  I'm currently visiting my parents, who live in the Orlando area, but I will be making the trek back north tomorrow.  Safe travels to everyone and I hope you have plenty of time to spend with family and friends.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...