Monday, December 30, 2013

ABC Challenge - Week 21

Yes, with this post, I have now completed the ABC Challenge started by Erica’s Nails and More back in March.  It was a little slow going for me during the summer months as I had surgery on my wrist and moved, but I made a goal for myself to not give up and go back and finish all the letters of the alphabet before the end of 2013.  And I have successfully done so on 12/30/13!

Today, I’ll be bringing you a polish my boyfriend got me for my birthday (or Valentine’s Day – my birthday is two weeks before Valentine’s Day, so I forget)  It is Sun-Sational from the UIta Salon Formula Nail Lacquer line.  I have four of the Ulta brand polishes and all have great formulas.  I believe Tutu Cute is the only one I've featured here on the blog. 


Sun-Sational is a yellow-mustard kind of color.  Not the typical darker yellow that you associate with the color mustard, but this polish is 100% yellow mustard (the condiment) colored.  Perhaps this is why my boyfriend picked this polish out for me – I HATE mustard.  I’m also not a big fan of yellows, but it is handy to have a couple in my stash for nail art purposes.


I used two coats of Sun-Sational as the base for this mani.  The formula wasn't horrible, but was about average for a yellow.  The second coat definitely evened things out and I was good to go.  I then used the Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat polish, Peach Fuzz, on top.  I picked up Peach Fuzz on clearance at Target a few months ago and this is the first time I've used it.  I also have one of the other Fuzzy Coat polishes, Fuzz Sea, but I have not worn it yet.


Peach Fuzz is made up of short pastel pink and yellow bar glitters.  I actually kind of liked how the shade of yellow of Sun-Sational complimented the yellow bar glitters in Peach Fuzz.  That way you could still see them and they didn’t get completely lost in the yellow background.  The formula on Peach Fuzz was a lot better than I expected since the glitter was so dense.  Once I rolled the polish bottle back and forth in my hands a few times, it was perfectly mixed and good to go. 




Overall, even though I’m not the biggest fan of yellow polish, I really like how this turned out.  I also got to use two untried polishes, Ulta Sun-Sational and Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat Peach Fuzz.  I also think for a future manicure that Peach Fuzz would look good layered over pink.  Even though the polish is named Peach Fuzz, it kind of screams pink lemonade to me.   Tomorrow, I’ll bring you a wrap up post with a summary of all 26 weeks of the ABC Challenge.  Thanks for sticking with me!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...