Sunday, December 15, 2013

December Julep Maven Box

Hello!  Today, I'll be bringing you the contents of my December Julep Maven box.  Believe it or not, this is the first Julep box I've gotten since December 2012!  Yes, a whole year of skipping.  This was also the first time I've not picked a profile other than It Girl - this time I went with the Boho Glam box.  Each box came with two polishes, Misti and Joelle, the Julep Sweep eye shadow pallet, and as a bonus two hair ties.  Since this is a polish blog, I'll only be featuring the polishes.


First up is Misti, a blue-grey creme, which is a gorgeous color and a fantastic formula!  Misti was almost a one-coater, but I went with two to even everything out.



Next up, is Joelle (is it me or did anyone else think the names of these polishes should be reversed?), a densely-packed silvery-white holographic glitter topper.  Here I've layered one coat of Joelle over top of Misti.




This was such a fabulous color combination - and definitely wintery!  I even wore this to work for a few days!  In direct light Joelle sparkles beautifully, but in indirect light it looks silvery.  So it just looked like a metallic blue polish, which I definitely can pull off at work.  I really love both of these polishes and am glad I decided to get this month's Maven box.  Even though I got it for free since I had enough Jules saved up!  I haven't tried the eye shadow pallet yet, but I love neutral shadow, so I'm sure it will be great.  I'm glad I got to try these new hair ties in this month's Julep box, and that I didn't pay for a full pack of them because they don't hold my thin, fine hair at all!  Anywho, only 10 more days until Christmas!

--
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. This is the same box I got and I love both colours. I also thought the colour names were reversed! Weird that we both thought the same thing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...