Thursday, December 12, 2013

Florida Gator Nails - Week 10

Hello!  I know I'm super behind on posting my Gator manis since the regular football season is over...  But here are the nails I wore the weekend we played South Carolina.  Unfortunately, we lost again, 14-19, but we tried valiantly!  Which was good since this was the first game we played with our third string quarterback starting...


This was my first ever attempt at doing a "cloud" mani.  Here is a link to the tutorial I used to create this mani. I found out that though many of the tutorials out there make it seem like you should just use the polish brush to create the "bubbles" or "lines," I have a feeling it would actually help to have a detail brush to help with curving the lines of the cloud.  I just used the polish brush for this mani.


I was also in a bit of a time-crunch when I did this mani, so the white edge is not as crisp and opaque as I would've liked it to be.  If I had had more time, I would've done a second coat of the white before adding the blue on top.


The polishes I used in this mani are" Covergirl Go-Go Mango, NYC French White Tip, and Pure Ice Celestial.  Yes, these are my go-to Gator colors!  Maybe by next year, I will have found a non-metallic Gator blue, so that I can have all cremes.

 

Sorry about the clean up job on the thumb in the macro - I was in a hurry and wanted to get pictures before I messed the whole thing up!  I also had a pretty bad break on my middle-finger nail that week...and I was still in denial about filing all my other nails down to size.  It's almost grown back out now, but the next few posts you see it will be a nubbin.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...