Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Holiday Party Nails

Hello all!  Merry Christmas Eve!  In an effort to bring you SOMETHING holiday-ish before Christmas tomorrow, I'll share with you the nails I wore to my office Holiday Party.  I organized the entire party, including staying two and a half hours to finish clean up after the party (it was held in a historical building with LOTS of special cleaning instructions).  So I wanted a mani that would hold up to doing some heavy lifting and not show a lot of wear and tear.


I picked up one of the new Sinful Colors holiday polishes - Holiday Rebel a few weeks previous and knew I wanted to use it in a Christmas/Holiday mani.  I started with a base coat of NYC Broadway Burgundy, a red jelly with red microglitter.  I then layered one coat of Holiday Rebel over top.  Well Holiday Rebel is an EXTREMELY dense glitter bomb...moreso than I had seen in swatches.  It looked like Christmas had thrown up all over my nails...and not necessarily in a good way.  Because I didn't have a lot of time, I ended up just throwing another coat of Broadway Burgundy over top and went with it.




For some reason the macro shot shows Broadway Burgundy being much more of a true red than the actual burgundy/dark red color that it really is.  You can clearly see all the glitter inside that sandwich too!  There are red, green, and holographic gold hexes in various sizes throughout Holiday Rebel.  I actually used Broadway Burgundy to do a few jelly sandwiches last year for Christmas as well - you can check them out here.


Overall, this was a quick and easy mani, which sparkled in direct light.  It was definitely festive!  I hope everyone who celebrates has a wonderful Christmas tomorrow!  I'll be spending time with both my family and my in-laws tomorrow.  I'm actually starting to finally get excited.  I can't wait to share any polish goodies I get with you guys!

Merry Christmas!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...