Monday, January 6, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 1 - Animal Print

Good morning!  I am excited to share with you my first mani of FingerFood's Theme Buffet nail art challenge!  I am so excited to start this challenge and look forward to meeting some new folks!  Welcome to all my new readers as well!


For the animal print challenge, I decided to do leopard print.  This is actually the first time I've ever attempted leopard print, or any animal print for that matter!  I thought about using my VL006 stamping plate and doing a peacock themed manicure, but I instead I decided to get out my dotting tool and try some new nail art!


For my leopard print, I started with a base of elf Blush, a metallic rose-gold polish with great formula!  It was a one-coater!  Then, using the larger end of my dotting tool, I started making pink spots of varying sizes and shapes using elf Flirty Fuschia, which is actually more of a coral color!  I wanted to make sure my leopard spots were bold, so I decided to go with a bright color.  Then using an unnamed mini LA Girl black polish, I used the small end of my dotting tool to add the "c" and "u" shapes around each of the pink spots.


As you can see in the below macro, I was a little quick to finish with topcoat, and smeared some of the black spots, but fortunately it isn't too obvious when you're looking at the full mani.  



I love the way this turned out!  I have never been a big fan of animal print, which is why I had never tried it before.  But wow, is it easy!  It definitely looks a lot more involved than it really is.  Though I do have to admit my sister-in-law helped me do my right hand - otherwise it probably would've looked like a hot mess!

Thanks for following along - and I hope everyone enjoys FingerFood's Theme Buffet!  If you're interested in joining - join the Facebook group for more information and to get the Inlinkz codes so that you can link up with your designs!

--
Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Love these Sarah! I can't believe that this is your first go at leopard print - awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! They were fun to do - it is definitely a design I will be doing again. :)

      Delete
  2. Great choice of animal print, leopard is one of my absolute faves. And it looks FANTASTIC in that macro up close shot, really sparkly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flirty Fuschia is a GREAT color, and I think it goes really well with the base color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I do love a bit of glitter sparkle on a mani.this metallic rose gold polish is lovely.great leopard print well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!
    Are the elf polishes from the disney villains cube?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're actually from the Holiday cube...but I wouldn't be surprised if there are repromotes from one cube to the next!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...