Monday, January 13, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 2 - Shapes/Geometric

Good morning!  Week two of FingerFood's Theme Buffet, was actually a bit of a challenge for me since I had absolutely NO IDEA what to do for a geometric design.  I scoured Pinterest for the last week or so trying to come up with inspiration.  I finally found this pin and decided to use it as my inspiration.  I have used striping tape for a few manis, but I always feel like it's a ton of work to cut up hundreds of one inch pieces of striping tape just for me to get polish all over it and remove it seconds later.  I like the end result, but I tend to be very impatient. ;)


I started with a base of LA Colors Pearl.  It took three coats to make it opaque, though you could still see a bit of VNL.  I knew it wouldn't be too big of a deal since I was adding nail art over top.  I thought Pearl was a great base color as it provided contrast without being really bold, as a white base would have been.



I then added all the little pieces of striping tape to each nail to create the crosshatch pattern on my nails.  I then painted a coat of JLB Cosmetics Deep Sea on all my nails, with the exception of my ring finger, which I used JLB Cosmetics Jade, for an accent nail.  Both of these are lovely one-coater metallic polishes.  I have already shared both of these polishes on the blog - you can see the posts here and here.  I often use these metallics as a base for glitter or nail art since they're quick one-coaters.



My only complaint with these polishes is that they're so difficult to photograph!  I know my set up for picture taking is not ideal, but metallics and super glittery polishes HATE my camera!  I am super proud of this mani and glad that I only had two boo-boos, on my thumb and ring finger.  Fortunately, they're not too noticeable.  Be sure to check out the other geometric nails the other ladies in the group have posted below - there are seriously some fantastic nail artists in this group!

--
Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Cool! I'm impatient with striping tape too! That's why I tend to stick to either accent nails or manis I can use big pieces of scotch tape to create :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have yet to do a mani where I actually leave the striping tape ON the nail...maybe I'll loathe all the hard work then!

      Delete
  2. I hear ya, anything too sparkly and shiny and my camera just throws in the towel. I think you captured the polishes well, I could completely tell how dazzling they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience is always a killer with tape manis - especially as I have none! This looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I have very little patience as well! Thanks Sam! :)

      Delete
  4. These look great! Looking at all these posts, I keep finding nail polishes that I want... and I now really want this blue also! Great taping :)

    I have tagged you in my Liebster Award post, I hope you don't mind. I look forward to reading your post! :)
    http://emma23mereta.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...