Monday, January 27, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 4 - Sparkle

Good morning!  This week's theme is Sparkle, for the fourth installment of FingerFood's Theme Buffet, so I decided to go with a gradient of two super-sparkly liquid sand polishes!


For this mani I used two of the OPI Mariah Carey Holiday collection liquid sands, Make Him Mine (pink) and Baby Please Come Home (purple).  The MC holiday collection was HUGE this year, with a bunch of liquid sands!  Using one of my Ulta giftcards I got for Christmas, I decided to pick up one of the three-pack of mini liquid sands that included Make Him Mine, Baby Please Come Home, and Silent Stars Go By.  These are the three "neutral" liquid sands from the collection.


Unfortunately, my pictures don't show how truly sparkly this mani is.  These shades are definitely on the metallic side and feature small metallic color-coordinated glitters in each polish that really catch the light.  I started with a base of two coats of Make Him Mine, and once dry, I sponged on a gradient of Baby Please Come Home.  I was a little heavy-handed with my gradient, so there is a bit more of Baby Please Come Home than I would've liked.




Both polishes have excellent formulas.  I will hopefully have a full review and swatches of all three polishes up by the end of the week.  I'm actually wearing Silent Stars Go By now!  Have a great Monday!

--
Sarah

10 comments:

  1. I bet they are dazzling in person too! I know photographing the sparkly polishes is a bit of a pain, but yours came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, this is a great gradient, the colours go really well together. I had trouble trying to show how sparkley mine were too... so I can imagine these are reallllly sparkley :) ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved your glitter gradient! I have yet to really master that technique!

      Delete
  3. Love this gradient...they blend so well together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how well the gradient comes together with the liquid sands. I have to admit that I'm a bit on the fence about all the texture polishes out at the moment, but you really pulled it off well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some textures are definitely better than others. My favorites are probably Zoya's Pixie Dusts. They're the smoothest (yet still textured) of the brands I've tried.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...