Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Florida Gator Nails - Week 12 & Happy New Year!

Hello and welcome to 2014!  I hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year’s last night!  I just hung out with family, had a little wine, and shot off fireworks!  Overall, a fairly quiet new year.  I am so excited to start 2014 on the blog!  I am hoping to set a schedule for 2014, where I post three times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  I will also be starting a new challenge – Fingerfood’s Theme Buffett.  Make sure to join the Facebook group for the challenge for more information.  Here is the list of themes for the challenge:


The first challenge is animal print – something I’ve never done before, so I guess I better start practicing!

Anywho, onto the post you came here for.  I am finally finishing my Gator mani posts for 2013.  If you’ve kept up with the blog, you know I attended the Florida vs. Florida State rivalry game this year.  Unfortunately, we also lost this game (but it could have been much worse) 7-37.  The nails I’m showcasing here, I didn’t actually wear to the game.  Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, I didn’t have time to do anything too super involved before the game.  So this mani I have put together using the Gator nail art supplies my mom got me for Christmas!


I decided to go with a skittlette mani using ChitChatNails' tutorial.  Using the blue polish from the official orange and blue polish set, I painted two coats on my thumb and index finger.  I then did a gradient on my middle and ring fingers using Sally Hansen White Tip and the orange polish from the set.  I then finished with Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Candy Corn on my pinky finger.  I then applied the Gator head nail decals over top of the gradient nails and sealed them in with topcoat.  



Overall, I think this was a pretty fun manicure and I love the gifts from my mom since she knows how I love to do my Gator nails!  The only thing I would likely change if I was to do this mani over would be to make the orange part of the gradient darker.  It ended up making the orange textured polish look red since there is such a contrast in the shades of orange.  Happy New Year!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...