Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Liebster Award

Hi all - no new nail art today, instead I'll be bringing you something a little different!  I've actually been nominated for the Liebster Award (again!) from two lovely ladies this week.  Emma from Emma's Space and Amanda from Lady Maid Nails.  I've actually been given this award a few times before, but it is always appreciated!  I enjoy doing the questionnaires that people come up with and it's a great way for you to get to know me better.  So thank you so much to Emma and Amanda for recognizing me for this award!!! :)



The Liebster Award looks to recognize new bloggers with less than 200 followers and help them get discovered.

Questions from Emma:

1. How long have you been blogging for?
I have been blogging since May 26, 2012...so almost two years!  Though I can't believe I've been at it this long...
2. Where is your favourite place to blog (eg bedroom, train..)?
I typically blog (and often paint my nails) while sitting on my bed.  I also blog from work sometimes... (shh - don't tell anyone!)
3. Have you met anyone famous? Were they nice, or not?
I'm a big NASCAR fan and have met many drivers while attending races, most of whom have been nice.  Otherwise I don't think I've met any celebrities.
4. Do you play any musical instruments?
Yes!  I played trombone for 11 years, though I unfortunately haven't played since I graduated from college.  I have also dabbled in baritone and piano.
5. Do you have any pets? What are they, and what are they called?
I currently have a cat named Addy.  Sometimes you'll see her photobomb the pictures I post on Facebook or the blog. As can be seen in the following picture from July 2012:


6. What is your favourite sport/sportsperson/sports team?
Holy cow - I am a HUGE (American) football fan!  I primarily follow college football - my favorite team is the Florida Gators and during football season I do weekly manis.  Check them out in the tabs at the top of the blog!
7. What is your favourite colour of nail polish to use?
I love soooo many colors.  I would probably say I'm most drawn to coral, blue, and teal.
8. Post a link to your favourite manicure post, and a reason why (if you don't have a mani post, your favourite post will do!)?
It would probably be a toss up between two manis I did in December - my snowflake mani and quilted design.  Both were for the ABC Challenge I participated in in 2013.
9. What is the best make up tip you have received/heard of?
Hmmm...I'm not super big into makeup - primarily because I don't really know how to apply any of it! (I generally don't count polish as makeup - but I will be including it in the next question)...but I have certainly learned a lot from some of my favorite beauty blogs, including Kat Stays Polished, Tanejas Bride, and XO Noelle to name a few...
10. If you could only use 3 make up products for 1 year, which 3 would you pick?
My three makeup products would be nail polish, mascara, and foundation.
11. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
Hopefully in 10 years I'll be married and will have started a family.  Maybe have a career in my degree field of meteorology...

Amanda's questions are the same as Emma's, but with one added bonus question:

12. Three unknown facts you would like to share!
  • I despise Disney (please, don't start shooting yet!) - I grew up about thirty minutes from Disney World, and while yes, it sounds great, the tourists and everything that goes along with the area are AWFUL!  Don't get me wrong I like Disney movies and everything, but I've gone to the theme parks enough that I don't ever plan on going again until I have kids (unless I don't have to pay!).
  • I  am a seventh generation Floridian and grew up on a family-owned beef cattle ranch in Central Florida.
  • I love to travel.  I have not left the contiguous US, and while there are several countries I would like to visit, I really want to go to all 50 states!  So far I've been to 18 out of 50.

I'm not going to tag anyone this time - but please feel free to tag yourself and do the questionnaire as well!  Happy Hump Day!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...