Friday, January 24, 2014

Sephora Formula X - Thunder

Hello!  To sort of follow along with this week's weather theme (see this week's theme for FingerFood's Theme Buffet), I'm featuring a weather named polish - Thunder from the Formula X line by Sephora.  I love this polish so much!  My boyfriend picked up Thunder and Lightning from the Sephora X line for me for Christmas.  It was kismet since I'm a meteorologist. :)


For this mani, I started with a base of Splendid from The Color Workshop polish multi-pack I received from my in-laws for Christmas last year.  Splendid is a great mauvey-purple and very work appropriate.  The first coat went on a little thin and streaky.  I ended up going with two coats of this polish, but once in direct light, I realized I probably could've used a third.  It worked out in the end since I layered glitter over top the next day. :)


Thunder is made up of various sizes of pastel blue, pink, green, and white matte glitters.  It is from the "Xplosives Top Coats" collection from Sephora.  They really have some great glitter combinations in that collection, varying from the stereotypical black and white glitter that everyone is monopolizing on now.  You have to check them out!  If they weren't so expensive...I would definitely get a few more.


This is only one coat of Thunder, believe it or not!  Yes, this polish is extremely glitter packed!  I then followed up with one coat of NYC Matte Me Crazy to give the whole mani a matte look.  I do apologize for the tip wear in most of the photos.  I had worn Splendid to work for one day before adding Thunder over top.  Thunder wasn't as work appropriate, so I saved it for the weekend. :)



Anywho, I really enjoyed this mani as it is something a little different from what I normally wear.  The formula for Thunder was phenomenal for a polish so densely packed with glitter.  I've never tried any other polishes from Sephora before, but I can bet based on the price tag alone that they all have pretty great formulas.  I just wish they weren't so expensive!

I would also like to stop and thank every person who has shared my Facebook page during the #sharethelove event this week and for all 600+ new fans of the page.  Hopefully some of you have made it over here to check out the blog. <3

Have a great weekend!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...