Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sinful Colors Gilded

Good morning!  Today, I'll be bringing you two polishes I was given for Christmas!  My boyfriend got me the 14 piece elf polish set (among many other polishes!).  I have already shown Blush and Flirty Fuschia in my leopard print design I did for week one of FingerFood's Theme Buffet


This will be a pic-heavy post as I wanted to provide swatch pictures of both elf Blush on its own, as well as with Sinful Colors Gilded layered over top.  Blush is a rose-gold metallic polish that is a one-coater!  I tend to be drawn to shades like this since it is work appropriate, but still fun!  That and I like the quick dry time and ease of only having to do one coat of polish.



Gilded is a gift I received from my mom from Christmas!  Before I even sent her the link to my Pinterest board wishlist (which Gilded is on) - she had already picked this polish out for me.  Great minds!


Gilded is a glitter topper from Sinful Colors Glitz and Glittered collection that came out in the early part of last fall.  Gilded is dark red glitter in a golden shimmery base.  It is pretty sheer on its own, so I chose to layer it over Blush.  In these pictures, there is one coat of Gilded over top of Blush.



It's a subtle change, but the golden shimmer really changes the base color of Blush.  While I would consider Blush to be a rose-gold shade it looks even rosier with Gilded layered over top.  This mani sparkled so much in the sun!



I actually wore this polish combination last weekend and had little to no tip wear or chips by the time I took it off Sunday night.  I also knew I needed to change my polish since this mani sort of gives off a maroon and gold vibe - and there was no way I was going to wear those colors for the National Championship game Monday night!  I was cheering for Auburn, but unfortunately, Florida State pulled it out in the end.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...