Monday, January 27, 2014

The Lacquer Legion - Reinvention

Hello again!  Yes, this is indeed a first for Partly Cloudy With a Chance of Lacquer - two posts in one day!  Today is the first day of The Lacquer Legion.  The Lacquer Legion is a once-a-month nail art challenge that hopes to bring everyone together across all forms of social media by sharing your manis with the theme's hashtag.  This month's theme is "Reinvention," and the hashtag link up is #LLreinvention.

The best part of these challenges are they are completely open to your interpretation of the theme, instead of mandating a particular color, nail art style, etc.  For my interpretation of "Reinvention," I thought of a new day dawning, and taking on a new outlook, so I have chosen to do a sunrise gradient.


To do my gradient, I started with a base of white, using an unnamed LA Girls white polish.  Once that was dry I sponged on Ulta Sun-Sational (yellow), L'Oreal Mango Mama (orange), and Essie Peach Daiquiri (pink) using a small piece of foam sponge.  I know everyone swears by the cosmetic wedge sponges, but I've found they absorb too much of the polish.  I prefer using a small piece cut from a foam sponge like this one.

 



Unfortunately, due to the jelly finish of Peach Daiquiri, it sort of blended in and created more of a deeper orange color at the tips of my nails instead of looking pink.  Overall, I really like the way this mani turned out, but I do still look forward to perfecting my gradient technique.  Be sure to check the hashtag #LLreinvention on your favorite social media site today - I'll be sharing my mani on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest using the hashtag.


If you're interested in joining in on next month's Lacquer Legion challenge, be sure to check out their Facebook page for more information.  I'm sure they'll be posting February's theme soon.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...