Monday, February 3, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 5 - Birthdays/Celebrations

Hello, this week's theme for FingerFood's Theme Buffet is birthdays/celebrations.  This theme is fitting since Sam's (of FingerFood) birthday is coming up...and conveniently, my birthday was last Friday!  I've always wanted to do cupcake nail art, so that is what I chose to do for today's theme.


For each nail, except for the accent nail, I started with a base of Sally Hansen Pink Blink, which I also featured last week, when I shared my first ellagee polish, Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered.  On my accent nail, I painted half of the nail using Pink Blink, and once dry, I free-handed stripes using a nail art brush and Essie Peach Daiquiri.  Then using a white, unnamed LA Girls polish and a large dotting tool I added the white icing on top of the cupcake.  Using the small end of the dotting tool, I added pink sprinkles with Peach Daiquiri.


On the other nails I added one coat of ellagee I've Got a Crush on You.  I've Got a Crush on You is a beautiful polish densely packed with pink, white, silver, and opalescent glitters in a clear base.  This is the second polish from ellagee's You're the Top! collection that I won in a recent giveaway.  It would also work great as a Valentine's Day polish with all the lovely pink glitter!



To finish off my cupcake, I added a large dot of regular topcoat to the top of the icing, and stuck a pink heart-shaped rhinestone in it very carefully using my dotting tool dipped in a little topcoat.  I then followed with a very thick coat of Seche Vite.  This is only the second time I've used rhinestones in a mani, and I definitely learned my lesson this time and used lots of topcoat!  That rhinestone wasn't going anywhere!


Overall, I really, really like how this mani came out.  I wish the sprinkles looked a little more random...but otherwise it's super pretty!  I had thought about using I've Got a Crush on You as the sprinkles, but vetoed it in the end since I was afraid it wouldn't pop over white as much as I wanted it to.  This is such a fun and easy mani and could easily be used for Valentine's Day as well.  Be sure to check what all the other gals have created this week!

--
Sarah


8 comments:

  1. Aww, these are just too freakin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look good enough to eat lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday Sarah, hope you had a great day! Love the cupcake - super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! Happy belated birthday to you too! :)

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday!!! That little cupcake is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...