Sunday, February 9, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 6 - Hearts

Today I have my first of many Valentine's Day themed manicures this week!  This is my hearts manicure for FingerFood's Theme Buffet.  For this mani I used three glitter polishes from the Color Club Starry Temptress set.  I've done a few other manis with the polishes in this set, most notably in this post from last February.


For this mani, I started with a base of Space Case, a light pink neon polish.  Then, using the saran wrap method, I sponged on a bit of Ultra Astral (a hot pink) and Wink Wink Twinkle (neon purple).  All three of these polishes have holographic silver glitter.  Due to the opaqueness of the base, you can't really see the holographic quality of these polishes.  However, since I sponged on the two polishes on top, it is easier to see the holographic sparkle.



Then, using a nail stamping plate from the Hollywood Nails set I received for Christmas, I stamped white hearts on each nail using Konad Special White.  I tried to make the placement of the hearts on each nail.  I like how the white hearts pop over top of the neon colors.



I was originally going to just stamp the hearts over top of the original pink base, but after deciding that was too boring, I sponged on the other two neon colors to create some interest.  Overall, I really like how this turned out, and I would definitely wear the base of manicure again!  Perhaps on my toes!

As I mentioned on Friday, I will be participating in The Lacquered Landlubber's (formerly Tes Did It Nails) Strum My Heart Strings Valentine's Day nail art challenge.  Here is a link to all the information you need, so please join us tomorrow!


--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. That sponging you did with the pinks and purple and glitter look fantastic! Looks even better with your stamping hearts too :) Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...