Wednesday, February 19, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 7 - Abstract

Good morning!  This week's theme for Fingerfood's Theme Buffet is abstract!  As soon as I saw the prompt, I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this challange - nimbus nail art!  This mani and it's cooresponding tutorial were created by Sammy of the Nailasaurus.  Be sure to check out the tutorial to see exactly how I did this mani.


For this mani I used the following polishes:

Sally Hansen - In a Splash (mint green)
Sally Hansen - Limestone (lime green)
Sinful Colors - Midnight Blue (royal blue)
Zoya - Robyn (bright baby blue)
Hot Topic - unnamed green skull polish (true green)


I started with a base coat of In a Splash.  Once that was dry, I started with the darkest color of polish and worked to the lightest color of polish, sponging them on using the technique described in the tutorial.  Sammy had posted a blue-green nimbus at one point, so I tried to use polishes similar in color to those that she used to emulate that look.  Mine definitely turned out more green than her's did, but I still really like it.  Though my boyfriend did say it kind of looked like I had a disease!


 

I really think my thumb is probably my favorite nail, then probably my ring finger.  You can really see the different colors, especially the blue in the ring finger.  This is definitely a really easy technique that I recommend every one try at least once!  If you can do the saran wrap method, you can do this!  Sammy does recommend using pure acetone and not regular nail polish remover, so just keep that in mind if you do attempt the nimbus technique.

--
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Your turned out great. Ever since I saw this on Nailasarus I wanted to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I still haven't got round to trying this technique - I put off trying Chalkboard Nails' distressed technique for ages, but after I tried that once I couldn't stop doing it. I have a feeling that this Nimbus technique will give me the same problem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I love the manicure that you've shared with us in this post!

    I think all of the details look just great on your nails ;)

    Xx julia
    Creativenails4fun

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...