Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Micro-Bead "Caviar" Nail Art

Good morning!  I just have a quick post this morning.  Today's mani was one that I had done with the intention of including in the Strum Your Heart Strings nail art challenge, as the "anti-Valentine" nail art, but once I finished it, it didn't scream anti-Valentine to me.  I LOVE how it turned out, but I didn't think it quite fit the theme.


I started with a base of an unnamed LA Girl black polish on each nail.  On the accent nail, I added one coat of a slow-drying topcoat and poured the nail art beads over the nail.  I filled in where there were a few bald spots and pushed them down into the polish for extra hold.  The nail art kit that included these beads came with a pearly-white polish.  I used that polish to add the dots down the sides of the other nails.




I really REALLY like how this mani turned out.  It's way edgier than the typical nail art I do, but I would so wear this for a special event or to a concert.  When I bought the kit I thought the beads we black/white/red, but once they made it on the nail they are actually white/pink/purple!  Who knew?!  I still really like how this mani came together and now I want to get more caviar/nail art beads!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Cute!! I have been postponing doing a caviar mani but I need to now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy! It was actually a lot of fun to do and not nearly as messy as you would expect. I need more colors of beads now!!

      Delete
  2. Caviar manis are always so fun, but these look especially great. I agree too, I think they'd be perfect for a fun concert or night out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...