Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Strum My Heart-Strings Challenge - Day 3

And we're onto day 3 of The Lacquered Landlubber's Strum My Heart-Strings challenge!  I'm glad I've been able to keep up this daily posting!  Here's hoping I make it to the end of the week!  Today's theme is symbols of Valentine's Day.  I had originally planned to do a conversation hearts inspired mani, but that turned into a disaster...so I went with roses!


For this mani, I started with a base of Revlon Cherries in the Snow.  I have had this polish for a really long time (I think almost three years!), but I don't think I've ever featured it on the blog.  Cherries in the Snow is a great red, with blue undertones - and it was a one-coater!  Once Cherries in the Snow dried, I got out my favorite stamping polish, Mentality Proper, and stamped a large rose on each nail.  This image was also on one of the stamping plates from the Hollywood Nails set I received for Christmas.




The below macro image shows the gorgeous copper color of Proper.  However, the color of this image isn't quite right, as Blogger changed the color of this image when I uploaded it (I also apologize for the hair - I didn't see it until I was editing the pictures).  Cherries in the Snow is not as bright of a red as this, and is more color-accurate in the other photos in this post.  I just wanted to include it to show the stamping close up. One thing that is interesting about Proper, is that in certain lights it looks more of a rose-gold color since it is stamped over a red base, you can kind of see that in the below photo.


I am in love with this mani!  I wish I had done some of these challenges in advance so that I could wear this for more than one day!  It's so gorgeous and classic.  I would definitely wear this on Valentine's Day if I didn't have to change my nails a few more times this week...

I can't wait to see whatever one else does as their symbols of Valentine's Day!  Happy Hump Day!

--
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...