Thursday, February 13, 2014

Strum My Heart-Strings Challenge - Day 4

Good morning!  Today is my fourth installment in the Strum My Heart-Strings challenge hosted by The Lacquered Landlubber!  Today's theme is "features hearts," which fortunately is a fairly broad topic.  I also learned that I suck at free-handing hearts.


For this mani, I started with a base of JLB Cosmetics Cherry Pop (which I also used in the base of this mani), on all nails except for my ring finger.  I love that these JLB Cosmetics polishes are opaque in one coat!  They are great for quick nail art...or quick polishing on nights when you really don't have time to wait for multiple coats to dry.  On  my ring finger I painted two coats of Sally Hansen Pink Blink.


Using hole reinforcers applied at the cuticle, I layered a quick coat of Pink Blink over top of Cherry Pop.  On some nails I may have touched up Pink Blink to make it fully opaque.  Then, using a thin nail art brush I attempted to draw a heart on my accent nail using Cherry Pop.  This heart is the second I drew...and I still don't really like it.  



While browsing Pinterest (my main source of inspiration!) I saw a lot of manis that had heart accent nails.  I ended up using this mani, as my primary inspiration.  To be honest, I've attempted a few half moon manicures before, primarily for challenges, and have absolutely hated the way it came out.  They may have looked ok, but I did NOT like how it looked on my nails...just out of personal preference.  Well this mani changes it all!  I absolutely love this half moon mani, and it makes me excited to try the technique out a few more times and see if getting the hang of it really inspires me to appreciate the technique more.

Be sure to check out everyone else's heart manicures!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...