Friday, February 14, 2014

Strum My Heart-Strings Challenge - Day 5

Hello!  It is the second-to-last day of the challenge!  I finished up my mani for tomorrow last night, so I should be on track to finish the challenge - yay!!  This will be the first daily challenge I've been successful at completing.  Anywho, onto the mani!


Today's theme is inspired by love.  Although sterotypical, I decided to go with love letters for this mani.  However, letters are very important to my boyfriend and I.  When we first started dating "officially," we lived several hours apart and at the time he didn't have a cell phone or internet at home.  In this technology driven era, this was huge, especially given that we used to spend all our free time together while we attended the same university - and now we rarely got to talk!  So we decided to write letters to each other.  And we each saved the letters the other sent and it is a great memento to look back at.


For this mani, I started with a base of an unnamed white LA Girls polish (I need to get a new white, this one is almost out!).  Then using the water decal/nail transfers from the Fingr's nail art set I picked up at Walmart, I added the words.  I've never used actual "water decals" so I'm not sure how different they are, but these worked exactly like a temporary tattoo.  I also added a coat of Seche Vite before applying the decal.  I then used Revlon China Flower and a small dotting tool to add the hearts on each nail.  And let me add - this technique was MUCH easier than free-handing a heart (see yesterday's mani).


Overall, I think this came out super cute!  I had tried the newspaper technique once before (back in 2012 - and its still one of my most viewed posts!)  It is super easy and I had considered doing it again for this challenge, but when I found the water decal set on clearance, I couldn't pass up trying it out.  It also has a map design and a multicolored chevron design in the set - both of which I am looking forward to using!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

--
Sarah <!-- end InLinkz script →

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...