Friday, February 7, 2014

Zoya Dhara

Hello everyone, sorry I've been MIA this week and missed Wednesday.  I had the pictures prepared so that I could blog on Wednesday, but then I was home sick from work and just unmotivated to post anything.  So I decided to save the post for today, especially since a mani I did earlier in the week (and planned to blog about today) that didn't last long enough to take pictures!

Today I'm bringing you my first Zoya Pixie Dust!  I have several still on my wishlist, but when I was in Ulta a week or two ago, I saw Dhara and immediately snatched her up!  I didn't even realize until after I checked out that she seemed to be discounted, maybe even on clearance, though they weren't marked.  So, I would check out Ulta and see if the older collections of Zoyas are on sale!  Again, this was two weeks ago...but you never know!


Last weekend my boyfriend took me to Daytona Beach and we stayed in a beach front hotel for my birthday!  I love surprises, so I knew we were going somewhere for the weekend, but I had no idea where.  I wanted to wear a long-lasting polish that wouldn't chip right away, and I had read that the Pixie Dusts have a great wear time, so I chose Dhara!  I wore this polish for four days and only had minimal tip wear by the time I took it off!



I just have to say, I am absolutely in love with the texture of the Pixie Dusts!  This is the fourth brand of textured polish I've tried and it is by far the smoothest and most unique texture.  I love that it is still textured but isn't rough and doesn't catch on clothing or hair (see Essie textured polish that I have yet to review on the blog).  I also adore this color!  I wish I had had it during football season to wear to Gator games, though I did wear it to the Florida Women's Basketball game last week (we won: 75-67!).



I love the vivid orange color of this polish!  You can see in some of the more blurry photos above, the light orange/yellowish sparkles in this polish.  Dhara is beautiful in any light, but when you hit natural sunlight, wow does she light up with those sparkles - absolutely gorgeous!  If you are a fan of orange polish, this is a must have for your collection.

Also, I will be participating in Tes Did It Nails' Strum Your Heart Strings Valentine's Day nail art challenge next week.  Please feel free to join us!  I know Tes was planning on putting together an Inlinkz, but so far I haven't heard anything.  Also, Tes is about to rename her blog!  So I will go ahead and link her blog above, but know that it might have a new name when you redirect!  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do two posts on Monday, one for each challenge I'm in, or if I will be combining the two themes!  I plan on doing some of these manis in advance this weekend, since I know I would go crazy trying to do all of them during the week next week.


Have a great weekend!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...