Wednesday, March 12, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 10 - Dots and Stripes

Hello!  Boy, this week has been crazy!  Tomorrow is my final day at my current job and I start my new job on Friday!  I will do my best to have posts up on my usual M/W/F schedule, but over the next few weeks while I'm settling into my new job, they may be intermittent.  Just preparing everyone!


For this mani, I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff.  Y'all probably won't believe this, but this is my first real OPI!  Of course I had the original black shatter (before it dried up) and many of the liquid sand polishes, but I've never had a regular polish from OPI.  And now I know why everyone loves them - the formula is absolutely fabulous.  I want to blow the rest of my Ulta giftcards purely on OPIs!  I'm so glad I picked up My Vampire is Buff - I have been looking for a good neutral color as a base for nail art.  And I was depressed after I passed on My Boyfriend Scales Walls when I saw it in a Burlington a few months ago...


Then, using Essie Peach Daiquiri, the large end of my dotting tool, and a nail art brush, I added the dots and stripes!  I wanted something simple, yet eye-catching!  I felt very much like I was wearing pop art on my nails the whole time!  Apparently I need to get a new nail art brush since the fibers are starting to separate and caused my stripes to look streaky.



Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the way this came out.  It was nice to have bright nail art over a nude polish - I'm definitely going to have to do some nude and neon nail art this summer!  I'm pretty proud of myself because I was able to keep some semblance of a pattern going on my dotted nails, instead of just dotting randomly across the nail - and even my stripes are fairly straight.  This design was pretty simple, but the perfect amount of nail art given my busy schedule!

--
Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Nude and neon is a fab combination, definitely a good idea for Summer manicures, and Spring actually :D gorgeous nails and I love the OPI shade! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty color combo and lovely mani. Good luck for your new job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - so far so good at the new job, but it keeping me away from the blog!

      Delete
  3. Yes, the color combo is great! I love love love vampire is buff! It is the BEST neutral color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree - its my new favorite for nail art!

      Delete
  4. Those are so eye catching colour combination. Well done dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. good choice of colors good job :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...