Tuesday, March 25, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 12 - Freestyle

Hello!   Today’s post features a little less nail art than some of the other manis that the other gals have already posted.   But I figured with this week’s theme being “Freestyle” I could really do whatever I wanted.

This mani is the one I wore this weekend when I participated in the 8.5 mile walk for March of Dimes.  The March of Dimes is an organization committed to helping mothers and babies – more specifically, babies born prematurely.  All money raised by the March of Dimes goes to providing better equipment in hospitals to take care of premature babies and research to help prevent future premature births.

For more information about the March of Dimes and to find a walk in your area click here.  Also, here is a look at our team!  We walked with Target of Gainesville (my boyfriend’s employer) and overall the team raised over $2700!  Onto the nails!




Since the March of Dimes color is a pastel purple, I decided I wanted go with one of my untrieds – Avon  Bon Voyage Violet.  As part of my birthday gifts from my parents, I picked out a few Avon polishes and my mom ordered them for me.  Since I didn’t see her again until last weekend, I finally got them!


Bon Voyage Violet is a great color and applied smoothly in two coats.  I then added a small dot of clear polish at the top of each nail and applied a light purple rhinestone.  After that, I added a thick layer of Seche Vite to hold on the rhinestones.  The rhinestones, ended up looking more clear than purple, but I knew they were purple!  I didn’t have any clear in the size I wanted to use, so I ended up using the less-contrasting light purple.  The rhinestones were super pretty in the sun though!



Although this is a simple manicure, it was perfect for the event and all the rhinestones hung on securely.  I had wanted to do a ribbon shape on the accent nail using the rhinestones, but I simply didn’t have the time!  Thank you again to everyone for bearing with me during my transition to my new job.  I will have one other post this week, so keep an eye out for that!  Otherwise I’ll see y’all next week for the Mother’s Day theme!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...