Friday, March 7, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 9 - Flowers

Whew!  Nothing like waiting until the end of the week to post my FingerFood Theme Buffet mani!  As I mentioned Wednesday, things have been pretty crazy in my personal life, and while I have been painting my nails, doing nail art, taking pictures, and blogging has kind of fallen to the back seat.  I've already got a few posts on the back-burner for next week, so hopefully once I start my new job I won't go completely MIA.

Anywho!  This week's prompt was flowers.  And let me just start by saying there is some fantastic manis for this challenge - so PLEASE check out the link up below.  By posting so late in the week, I've had the opportunity to see everyone else's manis before I did mine and before it was posted.  I truly wish I had had more time to do something a little more involved for this challenge, but it's flowers none the less.



So last week I went on a little bit of a shopping spree and picked up five new-to-me polishes.  The new polish I'm featuring today is Pure Ice Home Run, the mint base for this mani.  I am always drawn to teal and turquoise shades, but I never manage to pick up a pastel version...so I have several polishes that very similar (think Zoya Wednesday).  When I saw Home Run, I had to get it since it was exactly what I had been hoping to pick up at some point.


Home Run has a GREAT formula!  It was a one-coater!  Though it went on a little thick, it was easy to apply and had great coverage after just one coat.  I then added a layer of Seche Vite and went to town on the flowers.  For the flowers I used The Color Shop French White and LA Colors Shock.  I'm pretty sure Shock was an untried for me.  I've had it for awhile (I think the boyfriend randomly picked it up for me one time), but I don't recall ever wearing it since I'm not big on yellow.  I used the small end of my dotting tool to dot the flowers on each nail




Overall, I really love this color combination.  This mani was fun and really simple to do.  If you're interested in joining us in the future, the new prompts for April through June have been posted on the Facebook page!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...