Saturday, March 29, 2014

Twin Nails - Leopard Print

Good morning!  This is my first time participating in a Twin Nails post - if you're interested in joining us next time around, join the Facebook group!  For this month's challenge, the theme was animal print.  After each group was matched, we were assigned a different animal print.  My twinsie this month is Heather from I Feel Polished!  We were assigned leopard print (which I was super thankful for!), and decided to go the non-traditional route and use fun colors and textures for our leopard manis.


We started with a neon yellow base.  I used Broadway Sunshine Disco for my base (layered over white of course).   Then we created the leopard print using Zoya Pixie Dusts Dhara and Sunshine.  This is such a bright and fun manicure, perfect for summer.  I'll definitely be recreating this mani on my toes at some point this summer!


My only major complaint with the way my nails turned out, is how big and close together the spots are.  I tried doing one color at a time, but unfortunately that resulted in the spots being really close together.  To make my leopard spots, I used the large end of a dotting tool to add the center color, and once that had dried I added the "c" shapes around the spots using the small end of the dotting tool.







Overall, I had such a good time coming up with this design and working on it with Heather!  I am definitely looking forward to next month's Twin Nails!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Love the colour choices, I haven't seen them used on this design before, looks gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...