Saturday, April 5, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 13 - Monochrome

I’m scooting in at the last minute with this week’s post for the theme “monochrome”!  The memory card slot on my computer decided to die this week, so I had to wait until this morning to upload the pictures on my boyfriend’s computer.  So, I guess I really need to start pricing computers…  I had planned on posting this on either Tuesday or Wednesday…but that didn’t happen!

Anywho, this week, I decided to with blue as the color for my monochrome design.  I’ve never done a dotticure gradient before, so I thought now would be a good time to try one out.  Last year some time I picked up a Kleancolor blue gradient set of six mini polishes at Ross for only $4.00.  I would always forget about this set, so I’ve never used it until this mani.  There really are some gorgeous colors in there, so I’m looking forward to using them at all at later time.


For this mani, I started with a base of Nails Inc. Chelsea Physic Garden.  I picked this polish up on clearance at Sephora a few weeks ago, and it is a gorgeous pastel blue crème with great formula!  I hope to pick up more Nails Inc. crèmes at some point, because they seem to have amazing formula -  Chelsea Physic Garden was a one coater!


I then used my dotting tool to add varying sizes of dots using the Kleancolor polishes.  Though there are six in the set, I chose to just use three for this mani.  The three I used are Lake Mist, Kawaii Stuff, and Cobalt. 




Overall, I am extremely pleased with how this mani turned out!  I love it!  Now I want to do gradient dotticures in lots of colors!  Luckily, I think I have the next couple weeks’ manicures sort of planned out, so hopefully I’ll be getting them up in a more timely manner…even though I have to upload my pictures to a different computer and then transfer them to my computer to edit and post…  Also, I severely broke a nail on my “famous” hand.  I’m currently wearing falsies from the dollar store (which I actually like more than I thought I would), and I haven’t decided, but I may try painting over them for the next few weeks until I can grow out the one nail.  I had to trim all my nails to get the falsies on, so they’re all kind of short, besides the super nub.  Hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...