Friday, April 11, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 14 - Delicious

Today’s post is the first of what will likely be several weeks worth of posts where I’ll be wearing the fake nails I am using the help cover up the bad break I had on my “famous hand” late last week.  I’ve never worn falsies before, and while they took a day or two to get used to, it’s already been a week, and I’m completely comfortable with them now.  I’m wearing the Kiss Press-On Manicure French tip nails.  However, most of the nails fell off within the first 24 hours, so I have reapplied them with nail glue to make them last.  

 
On to the delicious nails!  I started a base of Essie Peach Daiquiri (which also sounds delicious!), and then using an unnamed white polish I free-handed the orange shapes on to each nail.  Once that dried, I applied a coat of LA Colors Shock, which is a slightly neon mustard color.  Fortunately, it looks more like a true yellow in all these pictures.


In my mind I was thinking oranges when I did this mani, but the end result looks more like lemons.  I had hoped that Shock would be opaque enough to look orange when layered over the pink, but it was barely visible (you can see in the macro where Shock went over Peach Daiquiri just a little.  I then went back and added dots using the small end of my dotting tool.  Again, Shock was too shear to use directly over Peach Daiquiri, so the yellow was layered over white for the yellow dots.




I am actually really liking these false nails, and it’s going to be tough to go back to my real nails since these have such a beautiful shape that my natural nails will never have.  The length is perfect, though my nail beds are longer on some nails than others, so there is some unevenness, but all the nails are the same length.


I have some exciting things planned for the end of the month.  Nothing too exciting, but it involves posting a little bit more!  More than just once a week anyway. ;)  I will be participating in the Lacquer Legion linkup – this month’s theme is GLAM!  I missed out on March – I completely forgot with my new work schedule, but am excited to be back this month.  I am also participating in the Twin Nails challenge again!  My twinsie and I have already planned our manis!

Have a great weekend!

--
Sarah


8 comments:

  1. Cool, the nails look so real for false ones! I too have been wearing false nails for a while now, I can't seem to grow my nails! :( anyway I'm loving this 'delicious' manicure :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :) Other than the index finger they're all pretty close to the length I typically wear, only I'm more squoval shaped, than square like the falsies.

      Delete
  2. Aww, sorry to hear about your break! I just had TWO nasty breaks and just gave in and cut everything down...le sigh. But these are so bright and cheery! I love a good citrus mani :) Can't wait to see what you are sharing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say they look like lemons, but they definitely come across as oranges to me! Either way, the citrus-y deliciousness comes across.

    Since I started nail blogging a few months ago, I hate when I wind up with breaks :( false nails never seem to last well for me, so I either just go on with uneven lengths or I file everything down to match. I guess that's why my middle finger nail has been so short in all the photos I've done the past few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, oranges were my intention! Yeah, usually I do uneven lengths, but this break left no free edge at all. I knew that it would cause me to be completely unmotivated to do my nails at all until it grew out unless did false nails, which seem to be working fairly well for me.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...