Friday, April 18, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 15 - Fishtail

Good morning!  Today I have for you my fishtail, or "braided" nail art.  I chose to use all metallic polishes for this mani since they are all opaque in one coat.  I have used several of the JLB Cosmetics metallic polishes in several other manis here on the blog, so I tried to use colors from the set that I hadn't used before.



The three shades I used today are Purple Rain, Chocolate Lava, and Jade.  I started with a base of Purple Rain and then layered each color on top.  This is the first time I've ever done the braided technique on all five fingers.  Usually, I only do an accent nail.


The thin formula of the metallic polish helped with both the dry time and the thickness of the polish on each nail.  Because this type of mani takes so many layers of polish to complete, normally it ends up being really thick, but it fortunately wasn't too thick at all.  I even wore this many to work, which means I actually did both hands! 



Overall, I really like how this mani turned out!  Like I've mentioned before, I hate photographing metallics because all I ever get is the shine, but I'm glad that you can actually see the design on each nail.  And in case you noticed, no, these are not fake nails.  I actually did this mani just before I had the bad break.  I've already got my mani for next week's theme almost done, so hopefully I'll actually post it early next week.  I'm also hoping to have more than one post up for you next week.  Have a great weekend!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Cute ... metallic shades looking pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had thought to make sure I chose opaque-in-one-coat polishes when I was doing mine. Oops! Love the metallic shades <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...