Friday, April 25, 2014

Spring Skittles

I was contacted by Julep earlier this month about participating in a Spring-inspired nail art contest they are hosting.  I was (and still am!) so excited to be invited by Julep to participate!  They will be sharing all of the Spring-inspired manicures on social media at the end of the month.


I went on a polish shopping spree a few weeks ago, and came home with the entire Nicole by OPI Roughles collection, as well as a bunch of clearance from about four different stores.  This mani is made up almost entirely of polishes from that haul.  I started with a base of Revlon Colorstay Provence, a dusty, pastel purple, on all nails but my pinkie finger.  On my pinkie, I used Nicole by OPI I'm Stucco on You.  I'm Stucco on You is a bright pastel purple with red and blue flecks in it!  It's so gorgeous and might be my favorite from the Roughles collection.


I used Mentality's Holo Topcoat on my thumb and index finger, over Provence.  I then did double accent nails using the dandelion images from the Vivid Lacquer VL006 stamping plate, using Konad special white.  I am loving this skittle mani!




I absolutely love Mentality's Holo topcoat - look at all that linear holo goodness!  I love using this polish to turn any color holo, without having to buy a bunch of polishes!  And yes, as you can probably tell, this was when I was still wearing the falsies!  I really love the look of skittlette manicures, but rarely ever do I ever wear them.  Have a great weekend!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely spring mani! And I totally agree, that holo topcoat is fantastic! I love how well it brings out the color of the polish under it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I highly recommend it! You have to be light-handed over dark colors because it will come out a bit streaky. But always has the amazing linear holo finish!

      Delete
  2. What a pretty skittle! <3 Every time I see these dandelion manicures, I want to do one myself <3

    Provence is such a pretty base, and combining it with that holo topcoat looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love Provence - it's very different from other pastels in my collection. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...