Monday, April 28, 2014

The Lacquer Legion - Glam

Hello!  I'm back with the April prompt for The Lacquer Legion - Glam!  March's prompt was Lucky, but I completely missed the date!  I went kind of simple with this mani because I had planned on doing a rhinestone-covered accent nail, only to find out I don't have any normal, clear rhinestones!  I know!!  So, I'm going to have to order some.


The base for this mani is Spoiled Shrimp on the Barbie.  I really love the color of this polish, but the formula leaves a bit to be desired.  It's thick and hard to smooth over.  Luckily, once I added The True Diamond, from L'Oreal's The Magic Topcoat Collection, it smoothed everything over and the poor application was not nearly as noticeable.


My boyfriend gave me The True Diamond for Christmas, and I can't believe I've waited so long to use it!  I've actually had this color combination (Shrimp on the Barbie + True Diamond) planned out for awhile!  These polishes have been sitting on my night stand waiting for their turn, and I thought it would be a great combination for the Glam theme.

 

To finish the design off, I used LA Colors Sparkling Diamonds for the accent nail.  I also picked out individual glitters from Sparkling Diamonds to use at the base of the nail on each finger.  Be sure to check out other Glam manis by searching using the #LLGlam hashtag on your favorite social media site.  Also, I finally set up Instagram!  Be sure to follow me @partlycloudylacquer.


--
Sarah

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...