Friday, May 2, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 17 - Something New

Hello!  I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to get this post in at all this week!  It’s been crazy at work and I’ve been in bed by 9:30pm every night because I’m so exhausted!  It’s really been cutting into my polishing time!  For the “Something New” theme this week, I decided to try our Adventures in Acetone’s pond mani tutorial. I have wanted to try this technique out for a while - I love the depth that these type of manis create and there are so many lovely ones out there!


I started with a base coat Covergirl Go Go Mango, so that I didn’t have a million layers of polish trying to build up opacity.  Then, using an unnamed white polish I added a few random dots, which I did three times.  After each layer of white dots I added a coat of L’Oreal Mango Mama.




In hindsight, I would definitely make the dots larger, and have them vary in size.  Maybe even have them overlapping as Adventures in Acetone does in her tutorial.  I also think I would like to try it again without the base color of Go Go Mango, to see if that makes a difference in the jelly/depth look.



The primary I decided to go with orange for this mani is because I don’t have many jelly polishes AND my baby brother is graduating from college tomorrow!  He goes to the University of Florida (I also work there), and their colors are orange and blue.  Since I’m wearing a Gator blue dress to the ceremony, I decided to go with orange nails.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

--
Sarah


2 comments:

  1. LOVE how this looks <3 I had no clue there was a name for this technique! I had planning on trying something like this out but just haven't had a chance yet. Your manicure turned out so bright and sunshiney and fun <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...