Wednesday, May 21, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 20 - Galaxy Nails

This week's prompt for FingerFood's Theme Buffet is galaxies!  It's been a little over a year since I attempted galaxy nail art the first time, but I am loving the nails I did for this challenge!  For a point of reference here is a link to my galaxy nails I did for the February Nail Art Challenge in February 2013.


I used a TON of polishes for this mani, here they are in no particular order: Zoya Storm and Demi, Sally Hansen White Tip and Spectrum, Revlon Provence, Nicole By OPI Tink's in the Pink, and an unnamed glitter topper from Sally Hansen.  I believe this polish came out with the Fall 2013 Xtreme Wear Rent the Runway collection, but it did not have a label on it and I've not been able to find a swatch.  It's a clear based polish with large silver hex glitters, smaller metallic teal hex glitters, matte black microglitter, and small black bar glitter.

UPDATE: The Sally Hansen glitter polish in question is Sea-ly String. (Source)



After two coats of Storm, I sponged on a little bit of white in random places on each nail.  I then added the two purple shades and Spectrum over top each white.  You can see Spectrum in the picture above.  A bit of the color did show on the nail, but the best part was the blue shimmer that is visible in a few of the shots I took.  This was absolutely gorgeous in the sun!  Once all those colors dried I added one coat of the unnamed glitter polish.  I didn't want any of the larger silver pieces, so I was careful not to apply any.


Look at that shimmer!


I really love the blue shimmer that Spectrum added to this mani.  And of course, who doesn't love the scattered holo of Storm!  The glitter topper also added a bit of dimension in my opinion, allowing it to look like stars, planets, or other astro junk floating around out there!  I definitely think the thumb is my favorite nail, but I really like how they all look together.  This has definitely been one of the most fun manicures I've done in awhile!  Be sure to check out the other galaxy manicures below!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...