Saturday, May 31, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 21 - Nature

This week's Nature prompt for FingerFood's Theme Buffet ended up being quite difficult for me - so here I am squeaking it in on the last day.  I had four challenges that were due this week (an already short week due to the holiday) and I usually only post three days a week.  I thought about combining my Twin Nails, Lacquer Legion, and FingerFood Buffet manis all in Wednesday's post, since the prompts were similar enough, but decided that made me feel like a slacker.  So I just combined my Twin Nails and Lacquer Legion nails.


I was essentially at a loss for inspiration for this mani.  I really did not want to do flowers again since I feel like I have done them a lot recently.  So I ended up asking my boyfriend for a suggestion.  While I didn't do exactly what he suggested, he did inspire me to do the grass with a striping polish and to draw the sun.  The intention was to make it look like a picture you would've drawn as a kid.



For this mani I started with a base of Nails Inc. Chelsea Physic Garden and used LA Colors Art Deco stripers in Bright Green and Hi-Lite for the grass and the sun.  I then stamped butterflies using Spoiled Let's Get Sushi.  Please ignore the ugly butterfly on my index finger...I failed at stamping a bit on that nail.  I hope everyone has a great rest of your weekend!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...