Tuesday, May 27, 2014

#HePicksMyPolish - May 2014

Today I have another installment of #HePicksMyPolish!  This month, my boyfriend picked polishes that went together a little bit better than those he picked for me in April.  To see what I did in April, be sure to check out my post here.  This month he picked Julep Misti, Covergirl Peaches & Cream, and Hot Topic Blood.  They don't sound like they go together well, but luckily they went together well enough!



It took me forever to come up with an idea of what to do for this manicure.  I had considered striping tape, gradients, and colorblocking before finally coming across this mani by Kelsie's Nail Files, on Pinterest.  I loved this design because it used a stamp I actually had!  It's from the Salon Express plate SE-20.  It's also the first image I ever attempted stamping with!


Before stamping directly on my nails, I test out Misti and Blood to see if they would work for stamping at all.  I was very excited to see how well each stamped and I immediately knew this was the mani I would do.  I definitely plan to keep Blood in mind for future stamping.  Even though it isn't opaque in one coat on it's own, it is an extremely saturated color, which is great for stamping!


I started out with a base of Peaches & Cream, then stamped using Misti, Konad Special White, and Blood.



Overall, I am so pleased with how this mani turned out!  These DEFINITELY were not colors I would have ever put together, but I love the end result.  If I was to do this again, I would consider painting my nails a neutral color and then include Peaches & Cream in the stamping (though I did not test how "stampable" P&C was).  I also love that this looks like fireworks from far away!  So I might be recreating this in red, white and blue in a few months!  I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend, and always remember what the holiday is really about - honoring those who sacrificed for our country.

--
Sarah 

6 comments:

  1. Great stamping! Very nice manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never in a million years would have thought to pair up those polishes, but you pulled it off SO well! Good eye for using that stamping design, I think that helped pull everything together so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D I really like how it turned out! And the best part was the stamping didn't have to be perfect!

      Delete
  3. I totally love the layers of different colors with stamps, totally need to try this technique!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...