Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mint and Purple Polished Obsession Contest

Hello!  Today I'm bringing you a fun laser mani that is my submission for the Mint and Purple Polished Obsession Contest hosted by Refined and Polished and Polish Obsession.  Here is a quick synopsis of the rules from Refined and Polished's page:
The contest details are pretty simple; all you need to do is create your own mint and purple mani. You are free to use any brands as well as other accent colors such as white, gold, or silver, but the majority of the look must be mint and purple. After you create your look, post it on Instagram using the following tags: @marijonails, @refinedandpolished, #mintandpurplepolishedobsession. If you’d like to participate but don’t have an Instagram, feel free to email your photo to refinedandpolished@gmail.com or share it with us on our Facebook or Twitter pages.
Entries will be accepted until May 18, 2014 at 12a EST. Due to nail polish mailing restrictions, this contest is open to those with US mailing addresses, ages 18 and up. A winner will be selected at random from all of the entries.  The random winner of the nail art contest will receive the entire Zoya Awaken collection!
 For my mint and purple mani, I used Pure Ice Home Run and Avon Bon Voyage Violet.


I started with a single coat of Home Run (which I have previously used here and here).  Once dry, I added striping tape in random locations, doing one nail at a time. I then added one coat of Bon Voyage Violet and quickly removed the striping tape.  The difficult part was remembering what order layered the pieces of tape, because you could mess up the lines if you pulled them off in the wrong order (see pinkie finger).


Bon Voyage Violet has a great one-coater formula and does dry really fast!  Avon claims 30 seconds, and while I didn't time it, it was already very tacky by the time I starting pulling off the tape.  Which is also why there are little stringys that went across some of the mint lines.




My favorite nails would probably be my thumb and middle finger.  I love how random the patterns are.  My goal was to have each nail different, but otherwise I just kind of plopped tape down where it looked good.   If you decide to do a mint and purple mani, be sure to share on social media using the hashtag #mintandpurplepolishedobsession!

--
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous design it looks so good with those colours! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they turned out super cool! It's not a combination of colors I'd normally have thought to pair together, but they really work out just fine :) I think my favorite finger is probably actually either your pointer, or middle finger. I like the simplicity of one, but the complexity of the other. Just proves women never know WHAT they want lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (And thank you for the laugh!)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...