Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Nails

Hello!  Today's post will be from the vault!  These are actually the nails I did for Mother's Day 2013, but I could never decide if I was actually satisfied with the way they turned out.  And while my stamping has drastically improved in the last year, overall these nails aren't too bad!



I don't recall what white polish I used for the french tips, but the pink is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Shrimply Devine and the red is Revlon Revlon Red.  And no, that's not a stutter, the red is actually named "Revlon Red."



After free handing the french tips, I then added the alternating pink and red dots with my dotting tool.  For my accent nail, I stamped the heart image and then added the dots on either side.  Unfortunately, the previous time I had used this image, the plate wasn't cleaned completely...so you can see the black/dark color that had been stamped with previously.  I tried to salvage it, and it doesn't look completely awful!




Once all the dots and stamped image dried I applied a coat of NYC Matte Me Crazy matte topcoat.  Overall, I love the look of this mani, I just wish the execution had been a bit better.  It would be kinda fun to recreate it a year later and see what kind of improvement may or may not have happened.  I hope all the moms out there had a lovely Mother's Day and weekend.  I went to visit my mother and grandmother in Orlando and went out to lunch with my extended family.

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...