Monday, June 16, 2014

Disasterpiece Polish: Circus for a Psycho

**disclosure: purchased at a discounted rate for review**

Hello!  Today, I have my first review of a new indie brand: Disasterpiece Polish.  Julianne, the brains behind the brand and I am absolutely honored to have been asked to review her polish!


The polish I have for you today is Circus for a Psycho, from her "Are You Listening? Vol. 1" collection.  Here is an explanation of Julianne's inspiration for the collection:
"Are You Listening? Vol. 1 is inspired by some of my favorite songs. In this collection, there are a mixture of glitters, crellies, and shimmers. Most of the inspired songs are from my favorite genre of music- rock! These songs vary from hard core, drum banging, guitar shredding anthems, to softer haunting melodies. So tune on in…and don’t forget to rock a head bangin’ Disasterpiece Polish mani while you do it!"
Circus for a Psycho is a lovely glitter crelly polish.  I am a sucker for glitter crellies, so I had a feeling I would like this one!  Circus for a Psycho is inspired by the song of the same name by the band Skillet.  Julianne describes it as a pearly light pink base with orange squares, teal dots, purple microbars, a sprinkling of large dark pink hexes and ultrafine sky blue glitters.  This is a great combination of colors, that go together so well!  I always like an understated polish that is gorgeous under closer examination, and this polish definitely fits the bill.



I absolutely love blue shimmer in pink polishes!  And boy, does the shimmer pack a punch in this polish.  It's hard to tell in my photos (the following photo would be the best representation, but in low lighting, the shimmer is so strong the polish actually looks more lavender, instead of pink.  Another reason I am super excited about this polish is - CIRCLE GLITTER!!!  Ok, I know everyone freaked out about circle glitter a while ago, but this is my first polish with circle glitter.  It wasn't until I painted the third or fourth nail before I realized the teal glitters were circles and not hexes!



The formula on this polish is amazing.  I expected it to be thick, purely based on the sheer amount of glitter in this polish, but it wasn't thick at all and I did not have to do any fishing for the larger glitters.  Though you can't see them well, I did have one of the larger pink glitter on almost every nail.


On top of the great formula, this is only three coats - though it was almost two!  I also loved how smooth it dried.  Even before I added a coat of Seche Vite, this polish had completely self-leveled.  There wasn't any rough glitter sticking up, and it wasn't overly top coat hungry like many glitter polishes are.


You can buy Circus for a Psycho for $9.00 in her shop on Etsy and Storenvy.  Be sure to check out her other polishes, as well as follow her on social media!  I'll be back later in the week with the other polish I received, Snuff.

 

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...