Wednesday, June 4, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 22 - Under the Sea

Hello!  This week's FingerFood's Theme Buffet prompt is Under the Sea!  Since I have been wanting to work on my stamping skills, and knew I had several plates with sea creatures on them, I decided to do a stamping mani.


I started out with three coats of Sinful Colors Nail Junkie.  To me, this polish screams ocean in a bottle.  While the base isn't very thick, there is so much glitter, it covered well enough for the purpose of this mani.  The end result is a teal, ocean colored polish full of iridescent glitters and shimmer.  While there is some VNL, I thought the stamping helped make the design whole.



For this mani I used stamping plates from the Salon Express (SE19 and SE20) and Hollywood Nails (HN01-A) nail art kits.  I stamped using three metallics from JLB Cosmetics, which have likely all been on the blog before.  They are Cherry Pop (red), Immortal Gold (gold), and Jade (green).  I love how awesome these polishes are for stamping!  This is the first time I've used them to stamp, but I guessed that would be perfect based on the opaque, metallic formula.



As you may have noticed, I also tried out so different lighting.  Because I've always had such a difficult time capturing metallic polishes, and the flash was really watering out the base, I thought I would try out a different lighting technique.  Instead I went in front of the bathroom mirror and used the combination of the overhead light and a desk lamp to the right to take these pics (and I did not use flash).  While I think these turned out alright, I likely won't be switching my photography scenario around any time soon.


Overall, I think these came out pretty cute, even though the shell on my pinkie finger is crooked, and probably too big for that tiny nail anyway!  Oh well, I could probably pick this mani apart, but overall I am pretty pleased with the end result.  Have a great rest of your Hump Day!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so beautiful!
    I love the turtle. Whenever I stamp animals on my nails I can't fight the urge to name them all, heehee x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...