Friday, June 13, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 23 - Cocktail Nails

Happy Friday the 13th!  Can you believe that this is the last Friday the 13th that falls on a full moon until 2049?!?  I will be 50!  Anywho...I have been a very bad blogger this week, but luckily for a good reason!  I did Ana's 3-Day Hydration Challenge, which eventually turned into a nine-day rehydration!  I will hopefully have a full review up next week!  I know that this will likely be my first and only post this week, but at least I'm getting my Fingerfood Theme Buffet challenge in!  We are picking new themes for July and August now, so if you're interested in joining us, join the Facebook group!


So, there was some discussion in the group as to what actually were cocktail nails - but in the end we decided there was no wrong answer and that we could interpret the prompt in our own way.  I had originally planned on doing tiny glasses with fun colored drinks inside, but after a week of naked nails, I wasn't feeling particularly inclined to do complicated nail art.  So I went crazy sparkly instead!


I ended up using this China Glaze graphic as inspiration.  However, since all the left hands were one solid color, I did the right hand style on my left hand!  Because I have had naked nails for so long, I wanted something that would really pop, and was fun and summary.  So I started with a base of elf Flirty Fuchsia on my thumb, index, and middle finger nails.  I've used Flirty Fuchsia once before in nail art, which can be seen here.


On my ring and pinkie nails, I started with a base of Sally Hansen Sterling Silver from the new ColorFoil line (reviews to come!), and topped each nail with two coats of ellagee Fly Me to the Moon.  Fly Me to the Moon is made up of tiny silver glitter, and two different sizes of holographic hex glitter!  Super sparkly - especially layered over Sterling Silver!


Overall, this was a fun rebound mani, and I look forward to getting back in the blogging game next week. I'll have my Bliss Kiss cuticle and nail oil review as well as my first official indie polish reviews!  I can't wait to share them with you!  Have a great weekend, and Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

--
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...