Wednesday, June 18, 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet Week 24 - Cartoon Nails

Hello!  Today I have cartoon nails for this week's FingerFood Theme Buffet prompt!  I used this tutorial I found on Pinterest as my inspiration.  I had seen this style of nail done before, but had never attempted it, so I wasn't sure how difficult it would be!


For this mani, I started with two coats of Zoya Wednesday on each nail.  I then applied a layer of Seche Vite to speed up the drying process.  Then, using a black LA Colors Art Deco striper polish I outlined each nail.  Afterwards, I went back and did some cleanup using acetone and my trusty elf eyeliner brush (though apparently I missed a few spots...).  I used a white Milani striper polish to add on the white accents to each nail, and added a final layer of topcoat once everything dried.




My biggest complaint with this type of nail art is that it emphasizes the imperfections in my nails!  While this was a super easy nail art technique to execute, because only two of nails are square shaped, it ends up looking lopsided since they're not all the same shape.  I have tried growing them out and shaping the squoval nails, but the nail beds are so much shorter that the nails end up being really long and break easily.  So I just have to deal with my mismatched shaped nails!


Overall, I thought it turned out pretty cute, even if it isn't my style and I have oddly shaped nails!  I'll be back on Friday with another polish review!  And in case you missed it on Monday, check out my review of Circus for a Psycho from the new indie maker, Disasterpiece Polish!

--
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Wednesday is the perfect color on you! I know what you mean about it perhaps emphasizing the imperfections about your nails, but honestly, I didn't even notice. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...